Saturday, January 31, 2009

Katelyn and Scotty had their first karate tournament today. It was really fun! We practically had a family reunion. And Trent's family had a double family reunion. They had cousins there from both sides. So I must say how impressed I am with my family and their karate skills. They gots karate skills, bo staff skills, nunchuck skills, and sock a kid in the face with their foot skills. It isn't his fault that his opponent had his face there.....I know I am not supposed to think it is cool to kick some kid in the face. But it was. IT JUST WAS!
This is how it went down. Nephew was fighting some kid in a sparring match. Let's call him "Johnny". Johnny was overzealous and wanted to spar tough nephew although tough nephew could totally leave him in a gourney being loaded into an ambulance. So Johnny has large ego although he is only about fifteen and several belts lower than tough nephew. He totally tries to be aggressive (reminded me of yippy dog next to the bull dog) but instead ran into Nephew's foot with his face. Just as Nephew happened to be kicking. Seriously. But since he was trying to go forward, he took the full blow with his nose. I guess that was my favorite play of the day. Sorry Johnny.

No comments: