Saturday, October 25, 2008

Walgreens

Have you ever noticed that there are like, what?...five billion Walgreen stores everywhere? Well Dave and I have. And that's okay, but out here on the East Side, we loyal Eastgate Drug friends are kind of peeved at them for putting out of business our mom and pop drug store of fifty years or so. Anyway, because of this we kind of joke about the Walgreens and poke fun at them.
Well, as we were driving into town, I looked over at Walgreens on the corner and noticed that some new construction was going on right next door to them. Laikin, my thirteen year old niece was sitting in the passenger seat and I turned and asked her," So what do you think they are building there?" I laughed so hard when she said matter of factly, "Another Walgreens." I guess Dave and I aren't the only ones who think there are entirely too many.

1 comment:

Janetlee said...

I happen to agree with the Walgreens epidemic. I have gone there once or twice but can't seem to figure out why they are special and therefore why there are so many of them.