Sunday, October 26, 2008

Funny things kids say

Tonight I was tucking Skyler into bed when I noticed a big ding in the wall right over his bed. Ugh. Big ding. Well I didn't like that at all, and it was pretty visible on my face and in my demeanor. So when I asked Skyler if he did it, of course his natural self preservation mode kicked in and he said, "No....Michael did." Well, the chances of that were slim. And then it hit me, of course he is telling a lie, I am pretty imposing to him at this point. So, in an attempt to turn it into a teaching moment of how we should always be honest, I decided to call his bluff. So this is how the conversation went down:

"Skyler, did you do that?"
"No....Michael did."
"No...you did it, didn't you? It isn't Michael did it, it is I did it. Say I did it."(attempting to teach him to admit it and that it would be okay.)
He thought about it and sweetly and obediently said,
"Mommy did it."
At this point I burst out laughing. He was so sweet and pure about it I am not so sure he actually did do it. Anyway, all seemed to be instantly forgiven, whoever did do it. Kids are cute.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

So funny! Thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning!!!

Janetlee said...

What a kid!