Thursday, October 9, 2008

Inspiration

I have a lovely friend name Janet. She is inspiring me through her great example of blogdom, and I feel like I should follow along and blog. So here goes.
We went camping over the weekend and it was so incredibly fun. Of course, no tents were involved. My kind of camping involves running water and plumbing. Also, refrigeration and heat are a big plus. So add that with some super awesome company and I am good to go! Isn't it amazing how a change of pace can jumpstart your whole outlook on life. I really had fun last weekend and I know my family did too.

Right now the big challenge in my life is to get the house cleaned up and stay clean. I mean normally that doesn't sound like a very big challenge. But I really have a crazy disorderly house. So yeah, I don't like that. If I could just stay home for an extended amount of time without having to start and stop for various things I have to help family with, appointments, or other things that i need to do, then it would be clean. I know how to clean and even enjoy it. If, that is, I can be rewarded by being able to admire my job well done before it gets messy again. Oh well. I am happy anyway. That is a good thing. And certainly I would be unhappy without all those people and things I am responsible for. So I count my blessings. I have noticed how especially cute my kids are. They are incredibly beautiful. I couldn't love them more. How did I get so blessed? I am thankful for my Father in Heaven. He takes care of our family. That is a great thing.

2 comments:

Janetlee said...

Kirsten, that was a very nice blog. You make me feel like a million bucks. Just keep blogging, even without pictures. It is fun to just read your thoughts.

Sherrie said...

Kirsten, it is so good to read something on your blog again! I've missed hearing about your family! :) And...I needed to hear just what your wrote. :) This past week has been absolutely crazy with calling, school schedules, pregnancy, etc, and I have not been able to keep up with the house and it's a disaster! Just last night I came home from my presidency mtg. at 10:00 thinking..."Wow. How do I keep up with it all?" Well, reading your post helped me to remember that if you can't keep up with it all, keep up with what really matters...your family! :) THANKS!