Friday, April 25, 2008

Kara and the apple tree

We don't have any trees or grass around our house, and I think that maybe the little ones are missing their nature. Kara Joy, our four year old, came up to me the other day and we had a conversation. It went a little something like this:
"Mom, do you like trees?" said Kara.
I nodded with a "sure."
"Is it because they give us apples and grapes and bananas?" she inquired.
"Yes."
"Okay," and she bounced off to play.
About a half an hour later, she burst into the room, telling me that I needed to follow her. Wanting to obey, I followed her to the front of the house where she presented me with a gift.
With pride, she beamed and exclaimed,"See?!" I looked to where she was pointing, and there perched on top of a single stick, stuck in the mud was a shiny round apple. It was our newest tree, an apple tree. And it will forever be my favorite.

No comments: